- Can I Change My Smart Lock’s Master Password?
Your initial master’s password will be ‘0000’, and you can change it as per the user manual.
- Is it possible to open the door lock if the battery runs out?
Yes, you can open the door lock in two ways – you can charge up the door lock using a power bank with android cable. Then, you can use your card, fingerprint or password to open the door. Another way is to use the manual override key provided.
- Do I get any spare keys and cards?
Yes, you will get 2-3 manual override keys depending on the model and 3 RFID cards.
- Does the cost include installation?
No, a separate charge shall apply for installation service that you can book through Aus Smart Locks or one of our approved dealers.
- How Long Do Smart Lock Batteries Last?
Batteries can last between 10 and 12 months, depending on the type and number of batteries and usage.
- Do smart locks work in case of power failure?
As smart locks are battery-powered, the locking mechanism keeps on working despite power failure.
- Are smart locks water-resistant?
Yes, our locks are IP55-certified and are water-resistant.
- My fingerprint has gone undetected by the sensor. What should I do?
While registering your fingerprint, you can register the same finger at different angles so that you can unlock the door regardless of the angle your finger is placed. Before scanning your fingerprint, wipe your finger thoroughly.
- Does your digital door lock come with warranty?
Yes. You can refer our warranty policy at https://ausmartlocks.com.au/pages/warranty
- What happens after the warranty period?
You can get technical support from our authorised distributors over the phone. For on-site servicing, you need to pay the fee charged by the distributor.
- Will my smart locks get damaged?
We recommend our customers to avoid slamming the door as it can damage the motherboard in the lock system. Damages caused by such actions will not be covered under the warranty. It is advisable to install a door closer as a preventive measure.
Leakages in the battery also affect motherboard, so have your battery compartment inspected every 2 to 3 months.
- How to know if my motherboard is faulty?
Ringing of strange tunes occasionally, quick draining of batteries and issues with locking & unlocking mechanism are some warning signs of a faulty motherboard.
- Are Smart locks weatherproof / waterproof?
Our smart locks can withstand the temperature anywhere from -20 degree Celsius to 60 degree Celsius, and are rated IP55 and over. Though our locks are water resistant, we recommend installing them under roof and away from direct contact with water.
- What if my fingerprint scanner fails?
- Inspect the cable connector and check if there are any bent pins. Make sure that the connector is completely inserted into the socket.
- If the pins are in perfect condition, use a fresh set of batteries.
- Restart the registration process to pair the lock as given in the user manual.
Your fingerprint scanner will definitely work after a restart.
- Will I get notification when the smart lock is unlocked from the inside?
Our smart lock is aided to record the history, but it requires a Bluetooth connection to a registered smartphone to send the log details. You can receive the notifications from smart locks for the door being locked or unlocked with the purchase and installation of Wi-Fi hub that comes with the Gateway.
- Is it possible to unlock my smart door lock remotely?
Yes, you can unlock your smartlock from anywhere in the world, but you should have a Wi-Fi connection and Gateway.
- Does the lock work with Alexa, Google Home & Siri?
Currently, our smart locks work with Alexa and Google Home, allowing you to protect your home with the sound of your voice. We are working on the integration of Apple’s Siri, so you can enjoy the feature in the future.
- Is smart lock the right choice for my Airbnb property?
Yes, our smart locks provide security and convenience to ensure safe access to your Airbnb property and manage any other investment property.
- Can I use a physical key to open or close the door?
Yes, you will get two or more traditional keys with each smart lock device to open or close the door.
- Does smart lock work for hotels/motels?
Certainly, we have a wide range of smart locks that not only enhance the serviceability of your hotel but also eliminate the need for physical cards. It provides:
- Timed passcodes for guests
- Permanent passcodes for staff and administration
- One-time passcodes for repair and maintenance
- Reoccurring or day & time passcodes for housekeeping staff
- Can I use the smart lock for offices, businesses or warehouses?
Our smart lock systems come with:
- Passage mode ability that allows the lock to stay open during specific hours and get locked after those hours automatically.
- Allow admins to view log of access of employees in real time.
With these features, our smart locks make a convenient, safe and efficient choice for workplaces.
- Is smart lock a safe choice for public buildings?
Our smart lock devices come with passage mode ability, meaning that you can provide access to the public at certain times without providing them the codes, cards or fingerprints.
- I’ve installed the batteries, but still my lock doesn’t get activated. Why?
If so, check the installation of the lock, and also make sure that the cable was installed properly and plugged in securely. Follow user manual and check if the spindle of the lock is installed correctly.
- How many Access Codes can I create and store with my smart lock?
Our smart lock technologies allow you to create and store multiple unique user codes, fingerprints and RFID cards, but we recommend referring the user manual for further details.
- What should I do if my Secure Wi-Fi Gateway fails?
If you have trouble with your Wi-Fi Gateway, try the following:
- Reboot the lock as per user manual.
- Verify you have the latest version of everything on the phone
- Check if the phone and Wi-Fi hub are connected to the same 2.4 GHz network.
- Check your usual manual
- Is the network connection of smart locks secure?
Our smart locks are equipped with state-of-the-art security technologies, such as
- Scramble keycode – your code entry can’t be traced.
- Cloud-based server – all information will be kept within the lock itself.
- What if I’ve lost my phone?
Even if you have lost your phone, you can still manage the account from any other mobile device as long as you are using the compatible one. If you think that your phone is compromised, you can move your account to any other phone and delete the mobile keys.
- What phones are suitable for Ausmart lock’s Bluetooth?
All android phones (Android 4.3 or later) and iPhones (iOS9 or later) are compatible with smart lock’s Bluetooth.
- Are smart locks safe and worth it?
Yes, smart locks are as safe as your traditional locks and have multiple advantages that are worth your investment.
- Is Au Smart Lock best in Australia?
Integrated with several advanced features and easy to install design, Au Smart Lock devices have been one of the favourite smart lock options on the market today.
- Is it possible to hack the smart door lock?
Yes, smart locks can be hacked. However, with proper installation, updating the software and keeping your passwords safe, it is extremely difficult to hack.
- What are the disadvantages of smart locks?
- Unless you are a tech-savvy, it could be irking to install the smart locks.
- You should have a smart phone to work with them.
- If your lock’s battery power goes down, you can unlock the door.
- They can be hacked
- They are also expensive
However, these are not the problems with Au Smart Locks as all our devices come equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and features to ensure the safety of your property.
- What are pros and cons of keyless entry for your home?
- You can lock and unlock your doors remotely.
- They work with smartphones
- Eliminate the need for carrying keys
- Let you control and restrict who can enter your home
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Vulnerable to hackers
- Call in a professional to install
- Need a smartphone
- Restrict your entry if the battery is dead
Note: With Au Smart Lock devices, you don’t have to deal with these cons. They can’t be easily hacked and are easy to install.
- Are smart locks safer than traditional keys?
Smart locks offer a convenient way to monitor access to your home, so they are safer than conventional keys.
- Are smart locks easy to break?
Our smart locks are of very high-quality and come with several built-in safety features to prevent intruders from breaking-into.
- How secure are biometric screen-lock?
Fingerprint door locks are securer than traditional locks as keys can be stolen or misplaced but fingerprints can’t be done so. Moreover, biometric locks come with several security features, which make them a safer alternative to traditional lock & keys.
- How to enable Wi-Fi for smart door locks?
To enable Wi-Fi, you need to connect a gateway device and configure it via TTLock App. Now, you can connect the Wi-Fi to the smart door lock to create, delete or change the passcodes, fingerprints or card access remotely. You will also receive the access log instantly through TTLock app.
- How to control smart door locks with Amazon Alexa?
You can control the smart door lock with Amazon Alexa by following the below-listed steps:
- Download and install the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone
- Hit on the Menu and select Skills
- Type Au Smart Door Lock in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- After identifying the desired skill, tap on the Enable button to activate Au Smart Door Lock on Amazon Alexa.
- Login with your smart door lock account to link it with Amazon Alexa.
- Now, set a PIN code to lock and unlock your doors.
- Right at this time, you can control your smart door lock with Amazon Alexa Commands like ‘Alexa, Lock my front door; Alexa, unlock my front door’.
In this way, you can have complete control over your smart lock with Amazon Alexa from anywhere in the world.
- How to select the right mortise lock body?
- Separate mortises are available for both sliding and swing doors, so make sure you choose the right one related to your door type.
- Measure the distance from the edge of the door to any moulding or glass available.
- Next, you need to find the backset by dividing the distance between the edge of the door and glass into half.
- You need to find a mortise lock body with a backset very close to this number.
If you are not sure which mortise is suitable for your existing door, we will help you out.
- How to set up your TTLock application?
- Download and install the TTLock app on your phone.
- Register for an account by entering your phone number and a verification code.
- Tap on ‘Add Lock’ and select the type of lock you want to set up.
- Touch the lock’s keypad to wave it and set the lock in pairing mode.
- Select the lock type in the TTLock app
- Finally, give a name to the lock in the app and complete the set up.
- How to create new users for your smart lock?
With the TTLock app, you can add and manage new users to access your smart lock.
- To add users, you need to login to your TTLock app and select the smart lock.
- Enter the lock settings and select ‘manage users’.
- Invite new users to access your smart lock.